South Franklin Township
Secretary/Treasurer Job Opening
The Township is accepting job applications/resume for the Secretary/Treasurer, now through November 30. Please submit resumes and applications to the Township Office or email to [email protected]
GENERAL: The Secretary/Treasurer reports directly to the Township Supervisors. The Secretary/Treasurer provides administrative support to the Township Supervisors and provides Human Resource assistance to the Township employees.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A high school diploma and five years of progressively responsible experience in public administration. Considerable knowledge of recordkeeping and filing techniques. Good knowledge of computers and related software applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel. Good knowledge of modern office practices, methods, equipment, and standard clerical procedures. Skill in using computers and other standard office equipment. Ability to organize and interact effectively with department heads and the general public. This position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of payroll and payment of all taxes.
- Must have the ability to be bonded.
- Sends out Ethics forms to all related employees.
- Sends out all notices to employees regarding health insurance, dental/ vision insurance, worker’s comp claims, and life insurance.
- Fulfills or forwards all Right To Know requests and assures compliance with Pennsylvania Right to Know law.
- Prepares agendas for all Board of Supervisor meetings and all Public Hearing meetings.
- Prepares Board of Supervisor packets
- Processes all Worker’s Compensation claims for employees that are injured on the job.
- Maintains and updates all Township policies, forms, documents, etc.
- Updates all Minute books, Resolution books, and Ordinance books.
- Prepares legal advertisement and arranges stenographer for all Public Hearings.
- Places legal ads in newspaper for Public meetings and Public Hearing meetings.
- Receives invoice and processes purchase order for accounting.
- Logs hours/ days/ time off in computer for administration employees.
- Maintains, distributes and updates all CDL compliance paperwork. Coordinates and organizes speakers and lunch for Employee Staff/ Safety meetings.
- Answers telephone calls, assists with walk-in residents, applies monies to payments, prints receipts, compiles daily deposit.
- Coordinates and gathers information on all yearly township meetings and places legal ad when appropriate.
- Registers all pertinent new hire information into the health insurance and dental/ vision portals; maintains all information in insurance portals.
- Distributes and updates all Department of Labor and Industry compliance information in each department.